Thursday, October 17, 2019

Comments First Half Grades Uploaded

Here is an explanation for how your scores were determined.

First, only a few students diligently commented on the posts of other students, which was required in the syllabus.  The students who did this ended up getting the maximum number of points, 50 points.

Second, I needed to figure out how to give credit for those students who did respond to my comments on their own blog.  What I ended up doing, was to give 9 points for each post they commented on.  This would give a maximum of 45 points, obtained if the students commented on each of their posts, and less if they missed posts where I did comment.

I want to acknowledge that on some posts a few students wrote multiple comments and some wrote very long and impassioned comments. It is good to demonstrate such enthusiasm and I thank you for doing it.  But in terms of accounting for it in the scores, I didn't. 

Do note that commenting on other students posts is still certainly okay to do, but there won't be points assigned for it in the second half.

No comments:

Post a Comment